The Chiguru organization from Karnataka district conducted the one day seminar on violence against women at Kolar on 30.11.2017.
There are 300 students participated and got awareness about their protection in transport and community institutions. Leaders of women headed organization, social activists, volunteers, advocates and school committee members were participated and aware on violence against women issues.
After this seminar, school committee invited that organization for another awareness programme on violence against women. Likewise, the nursing college also requested to provided the same awareness for their students.
ADECOM Network conducted the cultural campaign on Violence against Women at Thanjavur district through Women Education Development Social Service on 25.11.2017.
In this campaign the discrimination activities and kinds and violence against women are printed in the banner. The team member covered the interior villages to create violence against women. During that programme drama, motivational songs are displayed for understand of people in easy way. There were more than 350 people got aware and understand about violence against women and how to approach for their solution for violence.
ADECOM Network conducted the group meeting on violence against women at Madhanapalli through the partner from Rural Development Society at Madhanapalli, Andhra Pradesh. This group meeting was conducted at Govt. women Degree College there are more than 50 students participated and get awareness about women issues.
Students actively participated and clarified their doubts on right based issues. Social activists, college managements and volunteers also involved in this meeting.
ADECOM Network conducted the campaign on Violence against women and children at Senji kootrodu, Villupuram district through the partner from Rural Youth Education Trust. The Director of Mr. Raman from “Amuthasurabi Karunai Trust and Parliament member of Senji Mr. M.K.Masthan is resource person for this campaign. This campaign was conducted on 25.11.2017 at 02.00pm to 06.00pm.
Social activist and police officials were participated and gave their inspired speech. There are 47 people participated and gave their feedbacks. The roaming people more than 300 were observed this campaign. The media and people focus are increased on violence against women through this campaign.
To celebrate the Elimination of Violence against Women’s day at 25th of November ADECOM Network was conducted the inauguration on 24.11.2017. Village women and Assistant Director of Field Publicity officer Mr. T. Sivakumar and Social activist Ms. Aruna are the resource person of this programme.
Participated women and youngsters actively participated and discussed about gender discriminative activities. Through this inauguration women and youngster understood the cause and impact of gender discrimination and they gave assurance to practice the gender equalizing activities in that inauguration 32 women and youngsters participated and aware.
Awareness training and meeting for women in gross root level was given by Dalith Women Development Society in various aspects. In lieu of 16 days campaign a van campaign programme was organized by DWDS jointly with ADECOM network to create Awareness on Domestic Violence against women. It Started from Kottaikadu, Village (Kanchipuram District) and end at Vennagkaupattu Village.The campaign was conducted on 10th December 2016.
The welcome address was given by Komala Head of the DWDS; the Felicitation address was given by Ms. P. Lalidammble, she said women was affected physically and mentally by the social evils conducted to her in the society and home. Women have to develop economically and socially, to avoid violence against them. The van campaign was conducted in 10 villages namely Kottaikadu, Kolathur, Thenpakkam, Chinnakottaikadu Poomikuppam, Vempanr, Kappivakkam, Karumpakkam, Nallur and Vennagkaupattu. The programme was lead by Mrs Raja former councilor.
Discussed content in the programme:
- Women should understand about their child and avoid child marriage in the society
- Should encourage women education and employment to develop women society
- Women have to come out and participate in the informative programmes to know the current situation of the society
- Women should engage her in some work, or to create opportunity for doing self employment
- To stop violence against women, men have to understand women in all levels society, home and workplace.
The programme was arranged by Ms. Komala Head DWDS, 55 men and women members participated in the van campaign programme.
This sensitisation programme was conducted on 18.03.2017 at Sozhatharam village in Cuddalore district. This programme was conducted by the Social Voice of Education Development trust at Cuddalore districts. 76 women and youngsters participated and cooperate with programme.
Objective of Sensitization:
- Create gender sensitization to women and youngsters.
- To discuss the domestic violence issue to Police officials and advocates.
- Create awareness on emergence of taking initiatives for domestic violence.
- Discuss about gender disparity activities followed by family member within home level.
Resource Persons from…
- K. Pazhanisamy, ex MLA,
- P. Kurinjivalavan, Rose organization,
- M. Porselvi, Counselling member of All Women Police Station.
- S. Balaguru, advocate,
- J. Thara, Annai Indira Gandhi social service trust
Discussed Content of Above Resource Persons:
- Gender disparity activities within family level
- Rights of women in the society
- Protection laws of Women
Gender disparity activities within family level:
Parents plays the pivot role to follow the gender roles within family level. Children grown up with strict roles and responsibility in the family by parents. So they also followed such things in their life and applied into society. Parents should treat their children without any gender discrimination – Porselvi, Counselling member of All Women Police Station.
Rights of women in the society
United Nations announced the Women’s rights are known the fundamental human rights. The women rights also included the right to live free from violence, slavery, and discrimination; to be educated; to own property; to vote; and to earn a fair and equal wage. We people not followed those rights due to our patriarchal society. We should change our society by our behavioural change – Kurinji Valavan, Social activists.
Protection laws of Women
We have many women protective acts and laws such as Sexual Harassment act, Dowry act, Child Marriage act, Domestic Violence act, etc., Awareness level of those acts is very low among people. Legal knowledge plays important role to protect women themselves. Protection officers, advocates, polices are working for women protection. So we people should increase our knowledge on those acts – Balaguru, Advocate.
Sub Inspector of Police Ms. Agalya requested to ADECOM Network to organize the discussion with police officials on Violence against women. For that, ADECOM conducted the debate session with Police officials from “All women Police Station” at Villianur on 30.11.2016.
Sub Inspector of Police Ms. Agalya, Protection Officer Mr. Soundharrajan, advocate Mr. Perumal and Mr. Sivakumar, Karunai Trust the Non Government Organization, members from Annal Ambedkar Women Rationalistic Movement, the women movements of Pengal Paguthirivu Paralumandram, Women victims and Social activists participated and made a debate with police officials on violence against women.
Discussed content content:
- Normally, the women survivors not ready to file their complaint. They only expect illegal helps from police such as organize marriage, call to perpetrators to investigate without complaint, to beat their husband without complaint, etc., this kind of attitude create many issues within police department. So women should know about their rights and legal procedures.
- The permanent “Service Center” should create in each police station to give counseling to such women. This service Center will help to decrease the violence against women.
- Women were got more fear at the time of facing problem. They should act as brave and bold to solve the problem with legal way.
- Police departments and Voluntary Organization should take initiatives to help such survivors to decrease violence against women.
- ADECOM Network is ready to provide its services for women at any time with department of Police officials.
- Police officials should refer the women cases to Protection Officer and Service Providers. They will reduce the impact of violence through periodical counseling.
- Women should become the empowered women through learn the legal rights and legal procedures. ADECOM give continuously leadership training and legal camp for women to equip themselves in society.
Women victims and members from women movements actively participated. Participants raised questions on violence against women to police officials directly. The programme was organized by members of ADECOM team and Kootukural Theater Moment with Police officials from all women police station Villianur. Above 50 participants participated and get aware on initiatives at the time of violence