Sub Inspector of Police Ms. Agalya requested to ADECOM Network to organize the discussion with police officials on Violence against women. For that, ADECOM conducted the debate session with Police officials from “All women Police Station” at Villianur on 30.11.2016.
Sub Inspector of Police Ms. Agalya, Protection Officer Mr. Soundharrajan, advocate Mr. Perumal and Mr. Sivakumar, Karunai Trust the Non Government Organization, members from Annal Ambedkar Women Rationalistic Movement, the women movements of Pengal Paguthirivu Paralumandram, Women victims and Social activists participated and made a debate with police officials on violence against women.
Discussed content content:
- Normally, the women survivors not ready to file their complaint. They only expect illegal helps from police such as organize marriage, call to perpetrators to investigate without complaint, to beat their husband without complaint, etc., this kind of attitude create many issues within police department. So women should know about their rights and legal procedures.
- The permanent “Service Center” should create in each police station to give counseling to such women. This service Center will help to decrease the violence against women.
- Women were got more fear at the time of facing problem. They should act as brave and bold to solve the problem with legal way.
- Police departments and Voluntary Organization should take initiatives to help such survivors to decrease violence against women.
- ADECOM Network is ready to provide its services for women at any time with department of Police officials.
- Police officials should refer the women cases to Protection Officer and Service Providers. They will reduce the impact of violence through periodical counseling.
- Women should become the empowered women through learn the legal rights and legal procedures. ADECOM give continuously leadership training and legal camp for women to equip themselves in society.
Women victims and members from women movements actively participated. Participants raised questions on violence against women to police officials directly. The programme was organized by members of ADECOM team and Kootukural Theater Moment with Police officials from all women police station Villianur. Above 50 participants participated and get aware on initiatives at the time of violence