Chiguru Trust working for women empowerment in Karnataka state. Meetings, workshops and public programme conducted at village level and state level for empowerment of women.
In this regard, ADECOM Network had given the opportunity to Chiguru to conduct campaign on Violence against Women (VAW). Chiguru conducted the Empowerment of Girl Child Education conference on 27th of November in KGF (Kolar Gold Field) at Karnataka.
The meeting was welcomed by Managing Trustee of Chiguru Trust Ms. Prabavathi with her team. This conference session was opened by the social activist Mr. Charles Finney. Then this session was continued by given presidential speech by the Managing Trustee of ADECOM Network Ms. P. Lalidamballe. The gender equality ideas shared by the Project Manager of ADECOM Network Ms. V. Nandhini and this conference was successfully ended by given valedictory speech by the team member of Chiguru Trust Ms. Vennila. This conference organized by the ADECOM Network and team members of Chiguru trust with 42 women and girls. Press people covered this conference and assured to release an article in Karnataka. Participants actively participated. Express their views on violence against women and gender equality.
- Women have all empowerment, braveness and boldness in the society to handle any situation. Our patriarchy system and traditional values only restrict to practice it.
- Women should come forward to show their talents and their potential in front of society. Then only we can achieve the women empowerment.
- From long years ago, there is no way to express the women issue into society. Now a day’s media help to women to explore their problems and issues. So women should enhance their knowledge on society.
- Parents should give more importance to their girl child education. It only the powerful tool to reduce the violence against women.
- In Karnataka state have high number of child abuse and very low sex ratio than other states. People should cooperate to change this dangerous situation. Through creating awareness on education and girl child birth we can change this society.
- The root cause of violence against women is start from gender disparity activity at home and community level. So parents should treat their children without any gender discrimination.