A part of 16 days campaign activity van campaign programme was conducted by WEDSS organization with support of ADECOM Network. This programme was arranged by head of WEDSS Ms. Rajakumari on November 27th 2016.
- To create awareness about PWDVA Act 2005.
- To create awareness about gender equality in home level.
- To create awareness of girl child education.
- To create awareness about Stop violence against women.
Campaign conducted village:
- MGR nagar
- Amman pet,
- Team members of WEDSS & Volunteer’s arranged programme to stop violence against women.
- This programme was started from palligraharam village. This campaign was as conducted as van campaign with cultural team.
- In this campaign 80 members participated and observed about DV act information through the programme.
- Women related awareness songs were sung by cultural team during the campaign.
- Participated people awarded and also discussed their views on domestic violence and gender equality.
- WEDSS invite the counselor Mr. Basker to give awareness speech for this campaign.
- Perumal and Ms. Sivapriya went to participate and observed the campaign activities.
Chiguru Trust working for women empowerment in Karnataka state. Meetings, workshops and public programme conducted at village level and state level for empowerment of women.
In this regard, ADECOM Network had given the opportunity to Chiguru to conduct campaign on Violence against Women (VAW). Chiguru conducted the Empowerment of Girl Child Education conference on 27th of November in KGF (Kolar Gold Field) at Karnataka.
The meeting was welcomed by Managing Trustee of Chiguru Trust Ms. Prabavathi with her team. This conference session was opened by the social activist Mr. Charles Finney. Then this session was continued by given presidential speech by the Managing Trustee of ADECOM Network Ms. P. Lalidamballe. The gender equality ideas shared by the Project Manager of ADECOM Network Ms. V. Nandhini and this conference was successfully ended by given valedictory speech by the team member of Chiguru Trust Ms. Vennila. This conference organized by the ADECOM Network and team members of Chiguru trust with 42 women and girls. Press people covered this conference and assured to release an article in Karnataka. Participants actively participated. Express their views on violence against women and gender equality.
- Women have all empowerment, braveness and boldness in the society to handle any situation. Our patriarchy system and traditional values only restrict to practice it.
- Women should come forward to show their talents and their potential in front of society. Then only we can achieve the women empowerment.
- From long years ago, there is no way to express the women issue into society. Now a day’s media help to women to explore their problems and issues. So women should enhance their knowledge on society.
- Parents should give more importance to their girl child education. It only the powerful tool to reduce the violence against women.
- In Karnataka state have high number of child abuse and very low sex ratio than other states. People should cooperate to change this dangerous situation. Through creating awareness on education and girl child birth we can change this society.
- The root cause of violence against women is start from gender disparity activity at home and community level. So parents should treat their children without any gender discrimination.
A part of 16 days campaign activity programme was conducted by Social Voice of Education Development (SVED) with support of ADECOM Network. This conference was conducted on December 4th 2016 at Nantheeswara mangalam village.
- To create awareness on PWDVA 2005.
- To create awareness about Sexual harassment
- To create awareness about Gender equalizing practice.
- Team members of SVED arranged this conference to stop violence against women & sexual harassment. In this programme 80 members were participated.
- During the session, felicitation was given by Managing trustee of ADECOM Network Ms. P. Lalidamballe.
- Women should come forward to open their problems in society. Mostly women hide their problems due to our cultural system.
- They think about family prestige for other tradition reasons so she hesitates to opening her problems.
Annal Ambedkar Pengal Pagutharivu Iyakkam celebrated the Annal Ambedkar Birthday on 14th of April, 2016. For that it conducted the rally with women leaders, youngsters and social activists. During the rally activity it distributed its election manifesto to public. Not only the public it also distribute that manifesto to Pondicherry Chief Minister Mr. N. Rangasamy, Local Administrative Minister Mr. N. G. Panneerselvam and some other important social activists movements.
Workshop was conducted on 16.12.2015 at Thiruvannamalai in Parai trust. Even though we are in 21st century, the security level of women and children is very low. In village side, girl children and women are not come away from house after dark till now. Women and children have more security problem to come in front of society. Because of this problem they suffer to get proper education. Not only the education, but also include to access healthy food, taking medicine in hospital, etc., because of far, they didn’t go to anywhere. Lot of villages till don’t have the medical facilities, sanitation facilities, etc., this lacking of basic facilities lead to affect more problems to women and children.
- 92 per cent of women reported having experienced some form of sexual violence in public spaces in their lifetime, and 88 per cent of women reported having experienced some form of verbal sexual harassment (including unwelcome comments of a sexual nature, whistling, leering or making obscene gestures) in their lifetime. Worldwide, more than 700 million women alive today were married as children (below 18 years of age). Of those women, more than 1 in 3—or some 250 million—were married before 15. Child brides are often unable to effectively negotiate safe sex, leaving them vulnerable to early pregnancy as well as sexually transmitted infections, including HIV
- Adult women account for almost half of all human trafficking victims detected globally. Women and girls together account for about 70 per cent, with girls representing two out of every three child trafficking victims
- 246 million girls and boys experience school-related violence every year and one in four girls say that they never feel comfortable using school latrines.
The conference on Violence against women with women leaders programme was conducted at 10.12.2015 in Arisdo at Madurai.
Now a day, women leaders counting was increase gradually, even though it is not enough to get women empowerment. Women leader should come forward to taking leadership ability in family and community. Normally have fear to take leadership ability in the matter of finance, because the earning member is men. But we should motivate women leaders to earning money to avoid unwanted fear on finance. Women should grow with leadership capability in family, this only lead to good family structure and create good future to their children. If the women take decision in family, the children also became very bold and brave to take decision in future.
The good strategy for women to take financial decision in family is to start microenterprises. The very important strategy of microenterprises is marketing strategy, if they have clear idea on that, they should became a good business women. For that they should discuss them self about the team work, for instance, who is going to be collected raw materials, who is going to be in production, who are all the selling that product in market or in rural areas, like that they should discuss and work very hard in the field. The team members also change their roles periodically; these strategies will lead to earning money to livelihood. So women automatically come forward to take decision in family and community.
The awareness on health and sanitation programme was conducted at Nethappakam village at Kanchipuram on 13.12.2015 and 52 women were participated.
At this flood season, women should keep their health and their child health. Surrounding should be clean to avoid much decease. Water should be drink with boil, waste thinks should be dispose properly. Because the main reason to come this big flood is more usage of plastic. In this century women, adolescent girls and boys didn’t bather about the environment protection. They used many chemicals; plastic, electronic wastages etc., so this kind of activities is lead to access this flood. So women and men should think to protect the environment, the root of environment protection is start from keep clean the environment and their health said by Ms. R. Jayalakshmi.
Child education is very important to gain more healthy society. Parent should give education to child, particularly to girl child. Normally in village side, from child hood days they start to go wage work due to their economic condition. Then this leads to access more violence in society. So parents should give good education to children. Said by the Mr. T. Raj, President of Children Watch.
This meeting was ended at 05’o clock successfully. People are actively participated and discussed with team. At end of the meeting, women were gave their feed backs on programme. Ms. Maithili gave vote of thanks of this meeting.