This year DWAN made arrangement in advance to the program. On 8th October 2016, Saturday a State level planning meeting was organized at DAWN Mavady in Andrew Cottage in Mavady. There twelve people from 10 organizations participated on the meeting. DAWN President Mr.Jose.M.J. has chaired the meeting. Mrs.Asha Thankappan has greeted welcome to the meeting.
- This year Kerala State Team will concentrated on the issue of HIV/AIDS in Kerala State.
- The meeting decided to conducted the meeting on 1st December 2016.
- Planning meeting decided to conduct the program Kodumon in Pathanamthitta District.
- Meeting decided to invite Pathanamthitta District Collector, Sri.Chittyam Gopakumar. M.L..A.,Smt.Kunjannama Kunju (Kodumon Grama Panchayath President), P.K.Radha. etc to the programme as resource persons.
- More over Ranni M.L.A.Raju Abraham also to be invite.
- It is decided to honor the senior fellows and social workers who were the pioneers in this field.
- Two programme fixed. One HIV/AIDS Day observation and Human rights Day observance.
- The committee decided to approve Twenty Seven Thousand Rupees as budget for the programme.
- Mycle.S.( Secretary, DAWN) and Miss. Asha Thankappan (Voice Kerala) as elected as the co-ordinators of this meeting.
Program Notice of the Program
Two side double folder 1000 notice has printed and circulated among the N.G.O.’s and women’s movement. Notice posted through the Postal Service and courier service etc. More than that , notice were published though the modern medias like the face book and Watsapp.
Program started with registration. Total 20 persons attended from various N.G.Os from Kerala. The meeting started with Human Rights Songs. DAWN secretary Mrs.Mycle.S greetd welcome to all. She describes the importance of Human Rights Days. Especially in Kollam District, there were two lock-up attack was occurred to three Dalit youth very recently. On that case the directions of Supreme Court was not maintained in those arrest. Three of the Dalit youth are brutally attacked by the Police in the Police lockup. Police attack them under custody. When we discussing on Human Rights, then Dalit atrocities are arise in Kundra and Kochalummood Police station. So, this year when we observe the Human rights day, we should give importance to the violation of Dalit Human Rights in the Police Station. She welcomed all and one on behalf of DAWN to this concluding meeting.
After the presentation, everybody has actively participated on discussions. Many of them shared their experience with many kind violations human rights. They are not aware that it was a violation of Human Rights. Women are share many kinds of atrocities towards them.